How To Dress For Hot Yoga
My friends that take care of themselves are all obsessed with Bikram or hot yoga. Bikram is basically Hatha in a room that's 105°F and 40% humidity. Have you done it? It is a nightmare, but feels weirdly great. It's totally understandable how people get hooked and do it everyday. I've considering challenging myself to a month of it.
It is so fucking hot in those rooms, dudes. Human bodies shvitz like hell when they're balancing and stretching in a humid 105°F environment. What are you supposed to wear during an activity that makes you deliberately insanely sweaty? Provocatively. Wear booty shorts to go work out!
Here's how to dress like you're a seasoned cult member:
- Pull your hair back and wear a headband! Not the terrycloth kind that will heat your head up, you just want your hair to be very much out of your face.
- Accessorize- Bring a water bottle. Drinking water will make you feel better and keep you from watching yourself die. Also bring a towel, hardcore yogis say to let your sweat drip onto the towel instead of using it to wipe the sweat off of your body.
- Make sure your clothes are tight- no excess fabric, that will get so heavy and disgusting from all the sweating you're about to do
- And skimpy- have you ever been hot before? You want to be as naked as possible. I say go as bare as you're comfortable with or as bare as you can go without getting arrested.
- Make sure you wear a breathable fabric- Imagine wearing an all-nylon bodysuit in a 105 degree room. Yeast infection city! Also hella stifling. Wear breathable, yet stretchy movement clothes.