Being fit and working out is probably one of the best trends to hit the human race probably ever, second only to wearing clothes. That being said, you should be stoked to hit the gym and get your sweat on because not only because it's trendy AF, but also because it's good for you! Duh.
But it’s not always easy forcing yourself to take a trip to the nearest fitness center — especially if you went yesterday or the day before. It requires a lot of self-discipline and quite frankly, binge-watching Netflix seems like a much better idea when your couch is staring at you from a few feet away. One thing that can make that a hell of a lot easier for you is if you have a friend who’s counting on you to be there.
Getting yourself a workout buddy has way more benefits than you might realize. You may enjoy the freedom of going alone, but there’s far more to gain by getting buff with your BFF. The next time you workout, ask a friend to tag along and you’ll reap all of these rewards.
1. It Helps You Stay Accountable
2. It’s Way More Fun
Working Title Films
3. They’ll Push You to Do Better
4. You’ll Learn New Workouts
Carolco Pictures Inc.
5. Your Workouts will be Varied
6. You’ll Stay on Track to Meet Your Goals
7. You Have More Exercise Options
8. You’ll Maintain Proper Form
9. There’s Always Someone There to Take Pictures and Videos
Ryan Seacrest Productions
10. It’s Safer
11. You’ll Have Longer Workouts
12. You Can Socialize at the Same Time
13. You’ll Always Know if Your Leggings are Squat-Proof
14. You Always Have Some Back-up Deodorant
15. They'll Know Who You Mean When You Talk About Your "Gym Crush"
16. You Can Try Awkward-Positioned Workout Without Feeling Embarrassed
17. At Least One Person at the Gym will Appreciate Your Outfit
The benefits to workout out in general are beyond measure. The fact that you can gain even more from working out with a buddy can’t be ignored.
This site is part of the Clevver Network.