Double Chocolate Toffee Cookies
I love heath bars. I love heath bar ice cream. I love health bar ice cream bars. I love heath bars crunched up in chocolate shakes.
These cookies are some that I came up with when our local grocery had toffee pieces on clearance for almost nothing. They are sooo good.
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 1/2 c butter flavored Crisco OR spectrum organic shortening
- 3/4 c white sugar
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs Mexican vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 c Hershey's dark cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 c white chocolate chips
- 1/2 c pecans or walnuts
- 1 c heath bar chopped up or toffee pieces
- Cream butter, crisco, sugars, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy
- Add dry ingredients
- Fold in chips, nuts, and toffee.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Drop by tsp on silpat or lightly greased cookie sheets
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until just barely done
- About 4 dozen, depending how much of the dough you eat
- I don't like using the Crisco and sometimes I will use all butter but all butter will make the cookies flatter. I've also recently started using organic shortening (no trans fats) and I really like it.