Die Cuts R Us – Design Team Search
Die Cuts R Us, is looking for a few great Designers for the first Design Team. This search is limited to US residents. Submissions close on July 24, 2009 so you still got time!
Die Cuts R Us, is looking for a few great Designers for the first Design Team! We welcome all U.S. designers to apply. Are you passionate about creating? Do you love the newest and latest products and Papers? Then what are you waiting for?? APPLY!
To Be A DCRU Designer You Must:
1. Email at least three layouts, cards, tags, altered art, or other project) a month. Your creations will be posted on the DCRU blog and in the ideas section along with details about each project, products used and any special techniques such as paper tearing, painting, stamping, inking, distressing, etc. in your description. You are to try and use as many products as you can that are sold by DCRU. This includes Cricut, Spellbinders, Cuttlebug, QuicKutz, Papers, etc.
2. Come up with one great challenge for readers. Once a month, a new challenge will be listed on the DCRU blog.
3. Positive and encouraging participation in our challenges, commenting on entries, and in the recruiting of new bloggers to our site. Our goal is to be an active, friendly site, that inspires!
5. Advertise DieCutsRUs.com on Yahoo or MSN Groups as well as your blog if you have one and anywhere else it is acceptable to do so. This can be a simple, “Have you seen what's new at DieCutsRUs.com?”, “Come see my challenge”, “Did you see my layout….?”. Be sure to include a full link back to the site so people can find what you are talking about easily. Be sure to add Design Team Member for DieCutsRUs.com in your signature line when possible.
6. Communicate with Owner /Design Team Coordinator about absences due to illness or vacation or the inability to complete a requested project.
7. Finally, a six-month commitment to give DieCutsRUs.com your best and to help make it a wonderful friendly site. You are to be exclusive to DCRU as a webstore design team member. You may still be a designer for kit clubs, challenge sites, manufacturers, etc.
Here is what you will get in return:
1. Bio and Photo on our DT link/site along with an active link to your blog.
2. Design Team Member Button for use on your blog and/or site.
3. Die Cuts Samples from dies and cartridges we carry to use on your projects.
4. A great place to show your work, inspire others, and be a part of a fun team while building your scrap resume'.
5. Random Acts of Kindness from time to time that will include new products to create with. Product is yours to keep with the understanding you use it to create and email the projects for the idea link and store blog.
6. Once a month “free shipping” on an order from our store; and once a month 10% off sub-total coupon (cannot be used together, and cannot be used on orders containing special sale prices).
7. We also would love to take your requests and feedback for hot and up and coming new products you think we should carry in our store!
Complete the following and email to: email@example.com
Please put DT CALL in the subject line.
Name, mailing address, phone number, email address
Your screen name & link to any photo galleries you have containing your work.
Scrapbook Resume (if you have one)
ATTACH TO EMAIL 3 EXAMPLES OF YOUR WORK THAT WOULD FIT INTO THE STYLE OF DIE CUTS R US WITH PRODUCT “RECIPE”. This means using products like Patterned Paper, Cricut,, Cricut Exp, Spellbinders, QuicKutz, or in the style of these type of products. Please visit the store www.diecutsrus.com to get an idea of the products we sell. The idea is to promote products we sell through ideas and projects!
Include the answers to the following questions in your email:
1) Have you ever designed for another website/company? If so, provide a link and your username for each?
2) Are you currently designing for another website/company? If so, provide a link and your username for each?
3) Are you active on any message boards? If so, provide a link and your username for each?
4) How long have you been scrapbooking?
5) Do you have a blog? What is the address?
6) Do you do any altered items or stamping?
7) Who are your favourite manufacturers? (top 5)
8) Why are you interested in a DT position at DCRU and what can you bring to the team?
9)We are also looking for ONE member of the team to concentrate and promote the Quickutz system and products. If you want to be consider for this position, please let us know. You MUST have the QuicKutz product and dies and be comfortable using them to qualify.
Announcement of team by July 31, 2009
Start Date: August 1, 2009
Details: Open to US only. (Due to shipping)