10 Outstanding Deals On NYC Fitness Classes
Do any of you use Amazon Local to find fitness, food and beauty deals? Since moving to New York City in November, it’s replaced LivingSocial as my subscribed-to daily deal site.
It works in the same way: Each day, the site offers new deals on local food, fitness, entertainment and services (dentist appointments; Botox; colonics; dry cleaning). Some are only offered for one day, but most of the deals run a few days to a week. And there’s some serious savings to be had if you’re in the market for these things anyway (alas, it can have the unintended effect of introducing all sorts of possible purchases in your mind that you’d otherwise not think of—but those eyelash extensions are only $35!, etc.).
This morning I came across a pretty amazing deal on yoga, kickboxing and other fitness classes at NYC’s “Just Keep Moving Fitness”—20 classes for $20! If you’re interested, you can purchase the Amazon Local voucher here (and I promise it’s just a regular link; I’m not trolling for referral credit).
I did a little perusing of other local deal sites just now, and here are 10 other outstanding deals on exercise classes and packages in New York City. If you live elsewhere, check out the Amazon Local homepage for fitness deals in your city and state.
1. Krav Manga Classes: Learn the fighting style used by the Israeli Defense Forces (and get in kickass shape) with Krav Maga Classes. The Krav Maga Academy in Chelsea is offering three for $35 and six for $65 class packages, as well as one month of unlimited classes for $99.
2. Unlimited Yoga and Pilates Classes: Get one month of unlimited yoga and pilates classes at Harlem Yoga Studio for just $39. You can also purchase three months unlimited for $99 or one year of unlimited classes for $349.
3. Pilates Passbook: Get over 100 passes to NYC Pilates classes for just $45 when you buy an American Health and Fitness Alliance Pilates studios passbook. The book contains more than 100 passes for free Pilates mat classes, reformer sessions and personal training at studios such as Evolution Pilates, Loom Yoga Center, Brooklyn Body, Queens Gyrotonic, NYC Fitness and Pilates for Every Body.
4. One or Three Months of Unlimited Bikram Yoga: Do your own 30-day Bikram yoga challenge with an unlimited class pass for $49, at Bikram Yoga Lower East Side with instructor Tricia Donegan. You can also get three months unlimited yoga classes for $139.
5. Central Park Boot Camp for Beginners: EFT Personal Training is offering one month of unlimited boot camp classes—in Central Park!—for $39 or five classes for $20.
6. Unlimited Vinyasa or Pilates Classes: Get one month of unlimited Vinyasa yoga and Pilates classes for just $49 at eco-friendly “Do Yoga Do Pilates” studio in Tribeca.
7. Six Personal Training Sessions: This is an incredible deal on personal training—six 45-minute sessions for $69! The deal comes from Elite Bodies by J. Ellis Jones, located near the Carroll Gardens area of Brooklyn.
8. Five Pilates Reformer or BK Barre Classes: Get a package of five barre classes for $35 or five small-group Pilates reformer classes for $39 at South Brooklyn’s BK Pilates.
9. Intro to Overnight Backpacking: Go on an overnight backpacking trip in the Delaware Water Gap, guided by the folks at Northeast Mountain Guiding. The package–which includes the hike, dinner and breakfast and camping supplies–is $75 for one person or $135 for two.
Cardio Kickboxing Classes: Take cardio kickboxing for less than $2 per class! Go For It Kickboxing in Queens is offering 10 classes for $19 or 20 classes for $35; the offer is good for its Deer Park, Jackson Heights, Jeff Station and Ozone Park locations.