10 Fitness Bloggers You Should Be Following
When I feel guilty about my lack of physical activity, instead of getting off my butt and going for a run, I've developed a trick to feeling better about myself without making any strides to get into better shape. Instead of actually working out, I read about fitness and think really hard about all the exercise I would do if I felt like it.
It's more complicated than you think, there are three steps involved:
- Put on your workout clothes: They're comfortable and you can deceive yourself into thinking you'll go to the gym as soon as you close your computer.
- Open up the internet: Read some excellent fitness blogs.
- Get inspired: Perhaps enough actually go out and exercise.
Are you on board? If so, here are 10 fitness blogs to check out (in no particular order):
- The Daily Julie -Julie blogs about everything, not just fitness, but her personal journey and take on health is riveting and definitely worth peeping.
- Keep it simpElle– More than qualified to work your ass out, Elle is an expert on training women. I'm going to use one of her “drill packs” to learn how to do the splits, if it kills me!
- Fit Chick In the City- I'm a sucker for NYC based bloggers! FCitC has a MS in Exercise Science and Health Promotion. Her blog has received a ton of attention for being awesome.
- Losing Weight in the City– Theodora lost 50 lbs in 2009 and has since run 3 full marathons. Whether or not you're interested in losing weight, Theodora is full of inspiration.
- Running, Loving, Living– Toni is a registered nurse, mother and runner and I'm envious of her husband.
- Chic Runner– Danica is a “20 something” runner with a great attitude who writes personally about her runs.
- Sweat N Sass- Her own description puts it best, this blog is “a place for active living, healthiness, wellbeing and that little bit of kick-butt attitude to help you conquer your goals.”
- Cathe Friedrich's Blog– Friedrich is not kidding around when it comes to fitness. This blog is not for babies.
- The Fitnessista– Gina is an army wife, certified fitness instructor/personal trainer and level 1 raw food chef. She shares killer recipes and workouts!
- Blogilates– Written by the amazing creator of POP Pilates, this blog has everything–one of the most comprehensive fitness blogs online. Check out her fitness calendars.