Summer is coming to a close, which means it’s back to school time! Thousands of college freshman are going to be moving into their dorm rooms to embark on what many consider to be the best four years of one’s life.
Leaving everything behind to start anew with new people in a new place is equally exciting and nerve wracking. With freedom and the responsibilities of adulting, it’s easy to make mistakes or get overwhelmed. Luckily, we've rounded up the most essential advice for freshman to have the best college experience, ever! (Though let's get serious, you're definitely going to make some mistakes along the way).
1. Don’t schedule an 8 AM unless you HAVE to
2. Always backup your work & save frequently
3. Get to know your professors
4. Join any club you're interested in
Gold Circle Films
5. ...and actually attend the meetings
6. Do things you’re afraid of and get out of your comfort zone
7. Don't study in your dorm room
8. Embrace your roommate
9. Take advantage of free things
10. Take notes and participate in lectures
Type A Films
11. Don’t mix drinking with social media
12. Don’t feel pressured to pick a major right away
13. Take a class just because you’re interested in it
14. Leave your dorm door open
15. Always wear flip-flops in communal bathroom
16. Explore campus
Florida State University
17. Find out what resources your school offers and take advantage of them
18. Look for summer internships starting in January
This site is part of the Clevver Network.