Justin Bieber isn’t a saint. In fact he has had a pretty bad history of making mistakes and getting into trouble. Besides being cocky and attacking paparazzi in the past, JB has been in trouble with the law one too many times. In January 2014 he was arrested in Florida for driving under the influence and drag racing. Although this was a serious arrest and crime, since his arrest he has really started to turn his life around.
He is very charitable, he can poke fun at himself and he is smart enough to realize that he’s not perfect and needs to make a major change in his life. For all those reasons and way more, Justin is actually a pretty good role model. We know what you’re thinking… It’s the Biebs he is ALWAYS in trouble, but truthfully he’s a better guy than people give him credit for. Don’t believe us? Take a look below… it says it all.
1. P.S. I’m sorry! Biebs has definitely messed up in the past, but he did issue an apology on Facebook in January 2015, which is really grown up move.
2. When he made a burn victim’s day. After hearing the story of Kilee, a young girl who was burned when her house exploded, Justin decided to surprise her and come meet her. While the girl was telling her story on The Doctors, Justin came on stage with flowers and totally made her day.
3. The moment he showed he was human, just like us. When Justin appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show in February 2015 he explained that he was just a person like everyone else. “I am a human…People often forget that. Even with their comments and stuff, they think it doesn’t get to me, but it gets to me. Things that people say bothers me, and I gotta be strong enough to just keep it pushing,” he said.
4. Every time he loves his siblings. JB is all about family and even if he isn’t perfect like a lot of people think he should be, he is always a good big brother. Seriously he LOVES his little brother Jaxon and sister Jazmyn.
5. Friends always win out. Yes the “Boyfriend” singer has a lot of famous friends, but he is still BFFs with two of his childhood pals. Loyalty is a great trait in a role model and Justin is definitely loyal.
6. Charity records. In 2014 JB received the Champ of Charity award at the Young Hollywood Awards, but he doesn’t do it for the recognition. By the end of 2013, the 21-year-old singer had already broken a Make-A-Wish record by completing 200 wishes for ill fans. That’s amazing!
7. All the times he supported his besties. When Carly Rae Jepsen’s new music video for “Run Away With Me” dropped in July 2015, Justin tweeted about it. He also tweeted basically any news about. #FriendshipGoals.
8. Donations for the record books. The Canadian singer is usually attacked about how much money he throws at stupid things and expensive items, but everyone forgets that he is a huge donor to great causes. In fact in March 2014, the “Baby” singer donated $545,000 during the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala towards AIDS research.
9. When he made friends with his usual enemies. In February 2015, JB decided to start being nice to cops and bought a whole table of police officers in New York City dinner.
10. Having no shame in being a mama’s boy. If we know one thing, it’s that Justin LOVES his mom. Seriously ladies, if a guy love his mom like JB does it is always a good sign. It points out how he was raised and if he will treat you right.
11. On his 20th birthday it wasn’t all about him. The “Never Say Never” singer tweeted out about love and charity on his birthday instead of asking for things for himself or promoting his brand in any way. It was really cool and honorable. “#giveback for my bday. let me know how you are helping change your community and world. thanks,” he tweeted at the time.
12. Despite what most people think, Justin actually graduated from high school. Okay, so technically he graudated before he got into serious trouble with the law, but he had a 4.0 GPA! We had to include this crazy fact. Stay in school guys, if JB can do it, so can you.