Entertainment

As Kevin Spacey’s Sexual Assault Allegations Keep Piling Up, His Rep Responds

By  | 

Getty

Lately, it seems like the flood of sexual harassment accusations has been never-ending, and this week, another star found himself at the center of some negative attention. Earlier this week, Anthony Rapp claimed that Kevin Spacey sexually assaulted him while he was underage. And now that even more allegations have come out against Kevin, it's already clear that these disturbing events have the potential to change the future of his career forever.

It all started on Sunday, when Anthony told Buzzfeed News that when Kevin, then 26, invited Anthony, then 14, over to his apartment for a party, he put Anthony on his bed and made advances toward him. It didn't take long after the story made headlines that Kevin decided to release a statement of his own — blaming his supposed behavior (that he can't remember) on being drunk and in the closet but also taking the opportunity to formally come out as gay. It's not surprising that so much of the LGBT community has condemned him for taking this path, because trying to explain away pedophilia by admitting he was suppressing his homosexuality is not okay.



And now we know it's not just Anthony who has allegedly been assaulted by Kevin. On Wednesday, two more men came forward to share their allegations against the House of Cards lead actor. According to The Guardian, more men who worked with him during his time as the artistic director at London's Old Vic theater have accused him of sexual misconduct, including one man who was just 17 at the time. And as if those accusations weren't bad enough, director Tony Montana told Radar Online that Kevin “put his hand on my crotch forcefully and grabbed my whole package,” an incident that reportedly gave him PTSD for the following six months.

In a statement to The New York Times, Kevin's rep said the actor is “taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment” and that “no other information is available at this time.”

It's not clear what the future holds for Kevin, but one thing's for sure: House of Cards will not be in it. On Monday, Netflix announced that production has shut down on the show and that the upcoming season will be its last if filming even continues. It's horrifying that more and more reports of sexual assault in Hollywood seem to be coming out every day, but it's good to see that networks are starting to take these allegations seriously. If you ask us, though, House of Cards‘s final season could definitely work without Kevin's involvement. Not only is it clear that the fans don't want it, but who wouldn't want to see the show led by Claire Underwood?

comments