Happy 33rd birthday, Gina Rodriguez! The Latina actress has basically won our hearts as the beloved Jane Gloriana Villanueva on the comedy hit series, Jane the Virgin - and it's no surprise why. While she's hardworking, kind-hearted, and grounded, she still has her slip ups and awkward moments. But best of all, she embraces those quirks and flaws, which makes her one of the funniest, most relatable characters on TV today.
We're beside ourselves with excitement because season four is officially in the works! Unfortunately, there's no word yet on when exactly that new season will air, but on the bright side, we can make the wait a bit more bearable by reliving all the times we totally identified with Jane. After all, what better way to celebrate Gina's birthday than by getting our Jane the Virgin fix?
1. When she got the worst news and still tried to stay positive.
It's like when you're desperately trying to cheer someone up or when you want to convince yourself that something good can come out of the worst things. Totally been there.
2. When she couldn’t contain her excitement after getting into grad school.
It's that feeling you get when you find out you aced a tough exam, landed a huge job, or got accepted into a program. *And cue the happy dance*
3. When she got wasted for her sweet sixteen.
Getting so wasted that you can barely form coherent sentences is something that a lot of us can relate to on our 16th birthdays.
4. When she got sick and literally could not deal with other people.
Getting sick can turn the most innocent person into a cranky monster. Almost all of us are living proof of it.
5. When she took her first bite of a really good grilled cheese sandwich.
Taking your first bite of your favorite food is like biting into solid heaven, really.
6. When she let her anxiety get the best of her and started researching every little thing on the Internet.
Like that one time when you started to feel sick and you started googling all the symptoms... And then you concluded that you were basically dying from a rare but serious disease.
7. When she had her over-the-top fantasies.
LITERALLY I'm pretty sure this exact same scene has happened in my dreams.
8. When she let different sides of her personality come out in her imagination.
We all have those conflicts in our heads where a part of us wants to indulge in something and the other part knows we probably shouldn't.
9. When she had to deal with this awkward hug.
Omg. Awkward hugs are the worst, especially when you initiate it and the other person tries to pull away from you.
10. When she got so pissed at Petra that she didn't have any words left to say.
There's always that one annoying person who pushes us to the point where we're so livid that we can't even talk anymore.
11. When she left a super awkward voicemail.
Leaving voicemails is so weird because it feels like you're talking to yourself. This is exactly why texting was invented.
12. When she totally fangirled over meeting her favorite author.
Lesson of the day: You're never too old to fangirl over your favorite celebrities!
13. When she totally understood the struggle of having to wake up when you’re sleep-deprived.
That's literally all of us every single morning. We feel your pain, Jane.
14. When she legit risked her own safety to avoid being spotted by her crush in a humiliating situation.
The struggle is too real. At some point in our lives, we've all gone to extreme lengths to either impress a crush or avoid them at all costs.
15. And when she was literally all of us trying to have a conversation with our crush.
Admit it. You've totally zoned out and daydreamed about smooching your crush while they were trying to talk to you.
16. When she was stuck in an awkward moment and was unsure about what to do.
It's the weirdest thing ever. We paste the biggest smiles on our faces to get through those awkward moments, but in our minds, we're totally freaking out.
17. When she understood what it's like to sacrifice your perfect makeup for emergency situations.
Sigh... In a perfect world, makeup would stay flawless round the clock, regardless of the weather and other circumstances.
18. When Michael tried to lighten things up and she wasn't in the mood to joke around.
Sometimes you just need to be serious.
19. When she wasn’t afraid to get silly with her BF in public.
There's literally no better feeling than being crazy and free with your loved ones in a public setting.
20. When she gave Rafael that “I told you so” look after he realized he was wrong.
Because there's nothing quite like seeing someone finally admit that you were right.
21. When she wasn't afraid to be greedy with her food.
Because of course, if you're too generous, people will try to take advantage of that.
This site is part of the Clevver Network.