Gilmore Girls Spoilers – “Bon Voyage”
This is the final spoilers post – ever – for Gilmore Girls. Sad, but true.
You've likely all read the spoilers that have been on the Season 7 post here, but I'll recap behind the cut with NEW SPOILERS.
Episode 7.22: Bon Voyage – Series Finale
Air date May 15, 2007
There will be no time jump to the end of the season. Rory will meat her idol, Christiane Amanpour, a CNN journalist. Logan will not be in the episode. Chris will not be in the episode. A curtain is being painted with fish and seahorses. All the townies are in the finale. Filming is set up at Sookie’s (at night, and Sookie gives Lorelai a fanny pack) and Luke’s Diner. Lorelai tells Luke they need to cancel a party. There is a "Bon Voyage, Rory" sign. Rory accepts a job in Iowa as a reporter for an online magazine following Barak Obama on the campaign trail. Lorelai drives around the town square over and over in her jeep. Tour accounts of a wedding dress and accessories. Luke and Lorelai come to a new understanding. Luke decides to still throw Rory a party – as a surprise. The final scene features 3 characters and "brings the show full circle." It’s Rory’s last meal at the diner – a scene which mirrors the finale of Season 1. Luke’s trip with April is cancelled. Lorelai and Rory have to cancel their summer trip when Rory goes to Iowa. Rory does not get the Reston fellowship. Fearing it will rain for the party, Lorelai has Luke & the town erect a tarp over the gazebo out of shower curtains and miscellaneous plastic. Luke and Lorelai hae a passionate kiss. Rory makes a speech to the town thanking them for giving her a great start in life.
- Emily & Richard will be at the party.
- Christiane Amanpour is a guest at the Dragonfly Inn
- Lorelai is so touched by Luke's efforts to throw Rory the party, she runs to him to hug/kiss him – he reciprocates
- Lorelai and Rory talk about their summer trip together, which includes roller coasters. The trip is cancelled because of Rory's new job.
- The town cheers for Rory as they pull up to the party
- Night scene at Sookies where she gives Lorelai a fanny pack
- The Jeep is back in action
- The mirror scene that ends Gilmore Girls is like how it began. This is the scene from the pilot: Rory and Lorelai in the diner after family dinner. They both ask for coffee, Rory for chile fries. Luke is disgusted with her eating habits. He's all groomed up after a meeting at the bank. Luke tells Rory to stop, that she doesn't want to grow up to be like her mom. Rory says "too late."
This Lorelai quote from tonight's episode is aptly fitting:
"If I stop to think about you leaving…I’m gonna fall apart."
BON VOYAGE GILMORE GIRLS – WE'LL MISS YOU