The 5 Facts You Need To Know About Cristin Milioti, AKA “The Mother” On HIMYM
The eighth season finale of How I Met Your Mother just aired last night, but by now everyone already knows that The Mother was finally revealed and will be played by actress Cristin Milioti. And it just has to be The Mother for real this time because she matches up with all the Mother facts that accumulated over the years. Who is this lady though? Why does she think she can just march into HIMYM and own the place? We've gathered five facts on Cristin that prove she's capable as an actress and as a ukulele player.
1. She was the “sexy baby” Abby Flynn on an episode of 30 Rock called “TGS Hate Women.” Liz Lemon hired her as a new writer in order to diversify but she ended up being an insanely ditzy blonde with a baby voice. Cristin said she “watched a bunch of videos with Paris Hilton” in order to perfect her whine.
2. She looks like Alyson Hannigan. Obviously this symbolizes Ted‘s inner demon– his secret love for Lily. Just kidding. For real though, they look a lot alike.
3. She was nominated for a Tony Award for her role as “Girl” in Once on Broadway.
4. She won a Grammy Award this year for Best Musical Theater Album for Once. I don't think it's too soon to say 30 Rock really rubbed off on her and she's trying to EGOT.
5. She plays ukulele. HIMYM co-creator Carter Bays said, “She made us laugh on 30 Rock, she made us swoon in Once, and her ukulele skills are no joke.”
Since the next season is the final one, things will have to start moving along pretty quickly. Unfortunately, even with The Mother's reveal, there's still more waiting, this time until the next season begins and we get to see how Ted and The Mother end up together.