We know what you’re wondering… are there any struggles to having wavy hair? It seems like just about everyone tries to achieve that cool, messy beach-y waves look. But for girls that have naturally wavy hair, achieving an awesome hair day is a lot harder than it looks. Curly-haired girls and ladies with straight hair definitely encounter some problems, but wavy-haired girls have their own set of struggles.
To all you wavies out there, we got your back! Check out 11 struggles only girls with naturally wavy hair will understand in a heartbeat:
1. It’s not quite curly and it’s not quite straight. Your hair is always somewhere in the middle, which becomes a little confusing for styling purposes.
2. Wavy-haired girls hardly ever wake up to gorgeous locks in the morning. This is a common misconception and waking up like Anna from Frozen is more like it.
3. It’s all about balance. To keep waves #onfleek, finding a good balance is key. Nothing is worse than weighing your hair down with beach sprays or not putting enough in, which brings us to our next point…
4. Frizz and fly-aways are a big issue. Make sure there’s always someone around to help you out in that department.
5. A consistent pattern does not exist and uniformed waves are a foreign idea. Which is why your grandma is forever trying to smooth out the kinks and figure out which wave goes on which side of your head.
6. The decision to air dry versus blow dry becomes the hardest part of your day. You weigh the pros and cons. Blow drying will give you volume, but will your hair look out of control? If you don’t blow dry, how long will your hair take to actually dry? So many questions.
7. Hair diffusers are either your friend or your enemy. You just have to figure out exactly how to use one first…
8. Everyone seems to want hair like you. But do they realize how much upkeep it really is? No, definitely not.
9. There is no such thing as running your fingers through your hair. Unless you want to spend time picking through knots.
10. You can never just go get a haircut. You need to go to a professional who knows how to handle waves.
11. But then you have days where your hair looks amazing and all your friends hate you. Whoops, sorry.